How to Apply
Create an account
With your account you can request information, submit applications, register for events, upload materials, track your file, and receive updates.
Submit your application
You must complete your online application before you can submit any supplemental materials.
Provide supplemental materials
Upload additional documents, such as statement of purpose, recommendation letters and transcripts.
Please allow two weeks to process an application. International students who require visas should allow at least four months for processing.
Applications and transcripts will be held on file, and admission decisions will be valid for one calendar year.
If you forget your log-in information or are not able to access the online application and would like a hard copy, please email email@example.com.
To be considered for admissions to the online MBA program, the following items must be submitted to the Graduate School:
- A completed graduate school application
- Statement of purpose (admission essay)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Official or unofficial transcripts from all universities attended
- No GMAT required
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- $60 application fee
- International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. will also need to submit TOEFL or IELTS results
- Prerequisite courses required - Waiver available to some applicants
- April 1, 2021
- Final Submit Deadline
- April 27, 2021
- Final Complete Deadline
- May 17, 2021
- Summer Classes Begin
The University of Tulsa’s online MBA is rigorous and demands a certain caliber of applicant. Potential MBA students must meet the following requirements.
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate or graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must meet any admission requirements set by the degree program in addition to those set by the Graduate School.
- Applicants whose academic work has been superior are admitted upon the approval of the degree program and the Dean of the Graduate School.
- GPA: A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the undergraduate major is required, but requirements may vary among programs and may be higher than 3.0.
- No GMAT Required.
- Fitness of character may also be considered as part of the admission process.
- Applicants from outside the U.S. must hold a degree comparable to a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree and must have a record of strong academic performance comparable to a “B” or above average grades.
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL or IELTS and have an official copy of their results sent to The University of Tulsa Graduate School.
- Applicants must submit a certified letter of financial support or a certified Confirmation of Financial Resources form.
- Applicants must submit to the Graduate School a copy of the personal data page from their passport before an I-20 can be issued.
The number of credits per course is indicated by the last digit of the course number. See the Undergraduate Bulletin for course descriptions.
- BL 2013 Legal Environment of Business
- ECON 2013 Principles of Economics I: Macroeconomics
- ECON 2023 Principles of Economics II: Microeconomics
- QM 2013 Statistics I
- Introduction to Calculus - Offered via Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/learn/introduction-to-calculus
Normally, admitted students requiring prerequisite courses will enroll in those courses at The University of Tulsa. However, any of the following may qualify a student for a prerequisite course waiver which will be determined during the admissions review sessions:
- Completion, with a grade of B or higher, of a course or courses covering comparable material within the past six years from an AACSB-accredited business program or as part of a four-year bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- Additional coursework, with a grade of B or higher, in the subject area beyond the principles or introductory courses covering the comparable material.
- Extensive career experience using the subject matter that builds on prior coursework in the subject area.
- A successful score on the proficiency exam for the subject.
- Prerequisites may be satisfied in different ways: Traditional classroom courses, Online courses, or Passing a proficiency exam after preparation with non-credit short courses or self-study following TU-prepared material.
Student tuition rate to 2020-2021 is $1,310 per credit, including credits taken during the summer. Unless indicated otherwise, the figures above are for the fall semester of 2020 and are subject to change without notice at the beginning of any semester or summer term. Get more information about the costs of attending TU here.
Merit-based scholarships are available upon application. TU students have the opportunity to receive 75% of their tuition covered.
We offer a variety of financial assistance programs that can help you take the next step in your career. Full-time awards include a minimum stipend of approximately $13,000 for the nine-month academic year. Tuition scholarship awards covering up to nine credit hours of tuition per semester are also available.
Learn more about the details of these programs here.
Ready to take the next step?
Sign up to receive updates about our online MBA program.
By providing my information and clicking the “Learn More” button, I consent to being contacted via telephone (including a cell phone, if provided), email, and text message about the MBA program.