How to Apply
Create an account
With your *account you can begin your application, upload materials, track your file, and receive updates.
Submit your application
Once you have filled out the basic information section, you will be directed to hit the submit button showing your intent to upload materials.
Provide supplemental materials
Upload documents such as statement of purpose and transcripts. The application is complete once all of these items are uploaded, letters of recommendation are received by/from the recommender, and the $60 application fee is paid.
*Once an account has been created, make note of the email address used; it will be your username and point of contact going forward. If you forget your log-in information, please contact the Tulsa Helpdesk:
Please allow two weeks for the admission committee to review your application. Applications and transcripts will be held on file, and admission decisions will be valid for one calendar year. Questions about application status or changes to submitted/completed applications should go through your Enrollment Advisor or E: firstname.lastname@example.org, PH: (918) 856-3999.
To be considered for admissions to the online MBA program, the following items must be submitted to the Graduate School:
- A completed graduate school application
- Statement of purpose (admission essay)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Official or unofficial transcripts from all universities attended
- No GMAT required
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- $60 application fee
- International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. will also need to submit TOEFL or IELTS results
- Prerequisite courses required - Waiver available to some applicants
|Priority Complete Deadline|
|Final Submit Deadline|
|Final Complete Deadline|
|Classes Begin||May 24, 2022|
|Priority Complete Deadline||June 30, 2022|
|Final Submit Deadline||July 21, 2022|
|Final Complete Deadline||August 4, 2022|
|Classes Begin||August 22, 2022|
The University of Tulsa’s online MBA is rigorous and demands a certain caliber of applicant. Potential MBA students must meet the following requirements.
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate or graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must meet any admission requirements set by the degree program in addition to those set by the Graduate School.
- Applicants whose academic work has been superior are admitted upon the approval of the degree program and the Dean of the Graduate School.
- GPA: A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the undergraduate major is required, but requirements may vary among programs and may be higher than 3.0.
- No GMAT Required.
- Fitness of character may also be considered as part of the admission process.
- Applicants from outside the U.S. must hold a degree comparable to a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree and must have a record of strong academic performance comparable to a “B” or above average grades.
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL or IELTS and have an official copy of their results sent to The University of Tulsa Graduate School.
- Applicants must submit a certified letter of financial support or a certified Confirmation of Financial Resources form.
- Applicants must submit to the Graduate School a copy of the personal data page from their passport before an I-20 can be issued.
The number of credits per course is indicated by the last digit of the course number. See the Undergraduate Bulletin for course descriptions. Must have a “C” or better.
- BL 2013 Legal Environment of Business
- QM 2013 Statistics I
- Introduction to Calculus - Offered via Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/learn/introduction-to-calculus
Normally, admitted students requiring prerequisite courses will enroll in those courses at The University of Tulsa. However, any of the following may qualify a student for a prerequisite course waiver which will be determined during the admissions review sessions:
- Completion, with a grade of B or higher, of a course or courses covering comparable material within the past six years from an AACSB-accredited business program or as part of a four-year bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- Additional coursework, with a grade of B or higher, in the subject area beyond the principles or introductory courses covering the comparable material.
- Extensive career experience using the subject matter that builds on prior coursework in the subject area.
- A successful score on the proficiency exam for the subject.
- Prerequisites may be satisfied in different ways: Traditional classroom courses, Online courses, or Passing a proficiency exam after preparation with non-credit short courses or self-study following TU-prepared material.
Beginning in Fall 2021, tuition for the 2021-22 academic year is $1,349 per credit hour.
Total tuition for the online program is $49,913, based on rates for the 2021-22 academic year. Many students in our online programs receive need-based aid and some students are eligible for additional merit or other scholarships.
Get more information about the costs of attending TU here.
Merit-based scholarships – determined by factors like GPA, test scores, work experience – are available to MBA applicants.
Ready to take the next step?
Sign up to receive updates about our online MBA program.
By providing my information and clicking the “Learn More” button, I consent to being contacted via telephone (including a cell phone, if provided), email, and text message about the MBA program.